Lacrosse Literacy is the ALA’s province-wide school lacrosse program. Aimed at increasing the participation in and the awareness of lacrosse across the province, the program offers:
- Certified instructors who have experience coaching children and youth.
- Educational aspects centered around the Indigenous roots of lacrosse, “The Medicine Game”, geography, and history.
- Physical literacy covering A, B, and C's (agility, balance, and coordination).
- Fundamental movement skills corresponding to the different stages of the Long-Term Athlete Development plan in a variety of environments.
- Discovery of movements for dodging, shooting, passing, catching, and ground ball mechanics.
- Development of enhanced hand-eye coordination.
- Team-oriented situations that encourage cooperation by interacting positively with others, fair play, and leadership.
- All equipment, including lacrosse sticks and soft training balls.
- Programming for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Minimum half-day booking required.
- Single classes up to 30 students. Additional charges may apply for class sizes larger than 30.
- Half-day $350, full-day $500.
- Mileage charges may apply, depending on location of school.
To request a school booking please complete our brief booking form.