For the 2022 season, Team Alberta will be participating in the Canada Summer Games for 17U Box Lacrosse Male and Female, as well as in the 14U Female Box Lacrosse Nationals, U15 Men's Field Lacrosse Nationals, and the U19 Women's Field Lacrosse National tournaments.
Tryout camp and program details are now set. Please download the details which includes tryout camp information, training dates, and player eligibility. Program details have not been set for the 14U Female Box or U15 Men's Field teams but are coming soon.
With the season quickly approaching, the ALA is excited to welcome applications from qualified coaches for upcoming Team Alberta teams.
We are actively seeking qualified individuals for the following programs:
- Team Alberta 14U Female Box (Rose Engemann Trophy, Langley, BC, August 15 - 20, 2022)
- Team Alberta U15 Men's Field (Alumni Cup, Date and Location TBD)
Minimum Requirements for Head Coach Candidates
- Be Comp Intro Certified or In-Training in applicable discipline or In-Training.
- Member in Good Standing of the ALA.
- Consistent demonstration of Fair Play Principles.
- Individuals must submit a Criminal Record Check with their application.
- Applicant must submit a resume detailing their lacrosse and other coaching experience.
Estimated Time Commitment
While the time commitment for each program will vary, we are happy to work with our Team Alberta coaching staffs to optimize the schedule for each program to ensure a good balance between player development, player selection, and a reasonable time commitment. Note that as these are Provincial programs, travel to our 3 major city centers for practice times is part of the process.
Apply Now: Application Deadline - Until suitable candidates are found
The application process is now open for our 14U Female Box and U15 Men's Field programs. If you are interested in pursuing one of the Team Alberta coaching opportunities, please complete the application form:
Team Alberta Player TryOuts
Program structure and tryout dates are still to be determined for the 14U Female Box Lacrosse and U15 Men's Field Lacrosse programs. Please stay tuned for more information.
Team Alberta Player Eligibility
- Players need to apply by the appropriate deadline for each team.
- Players must register as either a runner or goalie, but cannot register as both.
- Players must be registered and playing for a lacrosse club or team in the applicable sector that is under the jurisdiction of the Alberta Lacrosse Association (ALA) for the season in which Team Alberta is running.
- Players may be required to attend more than one try-out camp.
- Players, Clubs, and Team Alberta coaches are strongly encouraged to work together to allow obligations athletes may have with their club team and their TAB team to be met. A workable balance is always achievable.
- If selected, players and parents are required to sign and adhere to the ALA Code of Conduct.
- Players are to follow the criteria and rules as set up by Lacrosse Canada.